Friday, January 6, 2012

Victorian doodles

These images were sent to me by a friend. She found them somewhere on this huge internet and I love them. I wish I knew the artist.
When I see them I fall in love with the shades of grey and the little details. The rosy cheeks add that hint of impishness that suck me in. All their eyes looking off to the side like someone is waiting there just out of my eyeline. They each have a story I think.
Lily the tophatted socialite who pushes at convention and rides her horse astride.
Rosalyn at the top defiant and her hair always slightly askew. She loves to read and spends hours in the dark corners of her fathers library while the housemaid searches for her in vain.
May, the sweet soft spoken thing with her dress all covered in bows. Only her nanny knows of the hidden pockets she has sewn in to carry little jars to catch bugs and samples from her daily walks.

Like I said there is such vibrant personalities in these darling drawings that I felt the need to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment